October 11, 2021, Board of Education Meeting Minutes
USD #225 Board of Education Meeting
October 11, 2021, 7:00 P.M.
Call to order: T.J. Milford, Board President, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Pledge of Allegiance was recited and McDowell led a prayer.
Members present: Fred Boyd, Ed Rarden, Tom Huelskamp, Cathy Heinz, and T.J. Milford were present. Others present were Cherie Nicholson, Superintendent, Erica Littlewood, Board Clerk, and Corri McDowell, Principal.
Not present: Kim Copenhaver and Jared Weber
Recognition of Visitors/Communication: Cord Moss, Bryan Branstine, Kimberly McLachlan, Charlie Littlewood, and Debbie Wise
Approve Consent Agenda: Rarden moved, seconded by Boyd to approve the Consent Agenda. Motion carried 5-0.
October Minutes: Huelskamp moved, seconded by Boyd to approve the October minutes as presented. Motion carried 5-0.
- Economic Development: TJ Milford – Report given
- Special Ed Co-op: Kimberly Copenhaver – Nicholson gave report
C. Admin update
- Athletics update
- Testing data
- Social-emotional screener
- Inservice training
- FastBridge Training
- Summit Learning Fall Training
- District Leadership meeting
- Field trips and out-of-building activities
- Potential grant opportunities
- Picture day
- The importance of planning and having a vision.
- 5th year of accreditation and related data (KESA).
- P1 has been in the building working on the GS boiler.
- Phone service contract will change in October.
- COVID related issues.
- Inclement weather: notification provided through television stations, possible radio station, Facebook, and district app.
- State Board of Education update.
- Legislative update.
- Maintenance repairs update – building and vehicle.
- November – Veteran’s Day and Thanksgiving meal.
- December – possible holiday meal in the park.
- E-Rate update.
- ESSER II application has been submitted.
ESSER III Prioritization – Discussion only. No motion made.
Milford moved, seconded by Huelskamp to go into executive session for 10 minutes to discuss non-elected personnel under KOMA, board and superintendent. This session is required to protect the privacy interests of the individual(s) to be discussed. Motion carried 5-0. 8:16 p.m.
Milford moved, seconded by Heinz to go back into executive session for 1 minute. Motion carried 5-0. 8:26 p.m.
High School Basketball Coaches – Interviews will be held on November 5, 2021.
High School Student Council (StuCo) Sponsor – Milford moved, seconded Boyd to accept Matthew Thomas as HS StuCo sponsor. Motion carried 5-0.
Adjournment – Huelskamp moved, seconded by Boyd to adjourn meeting. Motion carried 5-0 8:31 p.m.
For The Board of Education
_____________________________________, Board Clerk
_____________________________________, Board President