June 12, 2023, Board of Education Meeting Minutes
Members Present: TJ Milford, Cathy Heinz, Dana Bartzko, and Jeff Zortman.
Also present were Jamie Wetig, Superintendent and Corri McDowell, Principal
Not present: Fred Boyd
Guests: Kim McLachlan and Debbie Wise
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Adoption of the Agenda (Action)
Milford moved, seconded by Bartezko, to adopt the agenda as presented. Motion carried 4-0.
Milford moved, seconded by Zortman to appoint McDowell as board clerk for this meeting. Motion carried 4-0.
- Hearing of Visitors – No Visitors
B. CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of Minutes 5/8/23
- Approval of Financial Reports & Payments
- Cash Balances
- Monthly Register
- Summary of Funds (if available)
- Acceptance of any Gifts & Grants (None)
- Acceptance of Resignations/New Hires (None)
Zortman moved, seconded by Heinz, to approve the consent agenda as presented. Motion carried 4-0.
- Mrs. McDowell, FES Principal - Report given.
- Student Data Update
- Mr. Wetig, Superintendent - Report given.
- 1% City Sales Tax Update
- Daycare Update
- Upcoming Budget Workshop
- Woodshop Equipment
- Football Equipment
- Idle Accounts
- District property
- TJ Milford, President
- Economic Development
Milford moved, seconded by Zortman to go into executive session for 10 minutes, board and Wetig, to discuss data relating to the financial affairs or trade secrets of a business under KOMA. Motion carried 4-0. 8:42 pm to 8:52 pm.
- Fred Boyd, Member – No report given.
- Special Education Cooperative
- BOARD COMMUNICATIONS
- District Configuration
- District Property
- NEW BUSINESS
- ACTION ITEMS
- Resolution to Close Idle Accounts
Milford moved, seconded Heinz to approve the resolution (RESOLUTION: USD22506122023) to close idle accounts. Motion carried 4-0.
Zortman moved, seconded by Bartezko to offer the sale of the district owned property located at 201 Elm St, Fowler, KS 67844. Motion carried 4-0.
Milford moved, seconded by Bartezko, to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried 4-0. 10:00 p.m.
For The Board of Education
_____________________________________, Board Clerk (Designated)
____________________________________, Board President