August 8, 2022, Board of Education Meeting Minutes
USD #225 Board of Education Meeting
August 8, 2022, 7:00 P.M.
- ROUTINE ITEMS
Call to order: T.J. Milford, Board President, called the meeting to order at 7:01 p.m. Pledge of Allegiance was recited and Milford led a prayer.
Members present: TJ Milford, Cathy Heinz, Dana Bartezko & Kim Copenhaver were present. Others present were Jamie Wetig, Superintendent, Erica Littlewood, Board Clerk, and Corri McDowell, Principal.
Jeff Zortman and Fred Boyd were not present.
Recognition of Visitors/Communication: Debbie Wise and Kim McLachlan
Adoption of Agenda – Milford moved, seconded by Copenhaver to adopt the agenda with the following change: move executive session (G) between items B & C. Motion carried. 4-0
- Hearing of Visitors – None
- EXECUTIVE SESSION
Milford moved, seconded by Copenhaver to go into Executive Session for 20 minutes, board and Wetig, to discuss personal matters of non-elected personnel in order to protect the privacy interest of the individual(s) to be discussed, pursuant to non-elected personnel exception under Kansas Open Meetings Act. Motion carried 4-0. 7:07 p.m.
Milford moved, seconded by Copenhaver to go back into executive session for 20 minutes. Motion carried 4-0. 7:28 p.m.
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Acceptance of any Gifts & Grants
- Acceptance of Resignations/New Hires
- Approval of end of year transfers as needed to close out the 2021-2022 fiscal year.
Consent Agenda: Copenhaver moved, seconded by Heinz to approve the consent agenda as presented. Motion carried 4-0.
Kim Copenhaver left the meeting at 8:06 p.m.
- Mrs. McDowell, FES Principal
- Mr. Wetig, Superintendent
- Identifying criteria for the district to evaluate grade configuration:
- Enrollment - keeping our kids in Fowler
- Projected Student Count
- Financial Resources - future funding as well as potential other revenue sources.
- Communication - share the district's focus with our families, community, businesses, and all stakeholders.
- Community Input - seek input through surveys and meetings to gather data to assess the needs of our community.
- Maintaining our schools:
- Keeping our schools open for preschool through 6th grade.
- Maintaining and utilizing all our facilities.
- Evaluating our ability to add grade levels back to Fowler based on the assessment of key criteria established by the Board.
Kim Copenhaver joined the meeting via phone at 9:43 p.m.
Bartezko moved, seconded by Milford to adjourn the meeting at 9:44 p.m. Motion carried 4-0.
For The Board of Education
_____________________________________, Board Clerk
_____________________________________, Board President