March 06, 2023,Board of Education Meeting Minutes
Members Present: TJ Milford, Kim Copenhaver, Fred Boyd, Cathy Heinz, and Dana Bartezko.
Jeff Zortman was not present.
Also present were Jamie Wetig, Superintendent, Erica Littlewood, Board Clerk, and Corri McDowell, Principal.
Guests: Pat Friess, Vicki McDowell, and Kim McLachlan
- ROUTINE ITEMS
- Call to Order: Milford called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Adoption of Agenda (Action)
Copenhaver moved, seconded by Boyd to add an executive session for negotiation agreement. Add sale of bus under old business (no longer ‘none’). Motion carried 5-0.
- Hearing of Visitors
- CONSENT AGENDA (Action)
- Approval of Minutes
- Approval of Financial Reports & Payments
- Cash Balances
- Monthly Register
- Summary of Funds (if available)
- Acceptance of any Gifts & Grants (None)
- Acceptance of Resignations/New Hires (None)
Milford moved, seconded by Boyd to accept the consent agenda as presented. Motion carried 5-0.
- Financial Audit, Pat Friess – Report given by Pat Friess
Copenhaver moved, seconded by Boyd to approve the 2022 audit report as presented. Motion carried 5-0.
Milford moved, seconded by Copenhaver to approve the 2023 Kennedy, McKee & Company LLP engagement letter. Motion carried 5-0.
Pat Friess and Vicki McDowell left the meeting at 7:24 p.m.
- Mrs. McDowell, FES Principal – Report given by McDowell
- Elementary Items
- P/T Conferences
- Standard-Based Report Cards
- Mr. Wetig, Superintendent – Report given by Wetig
- District Items
- Community Input Survey – Responses were reviewed.
- Community Daycare Needs Survey – Discussion among board members.
- April BOE change to the 17th due to Easter Break
- TJ Milford, President – No report given.
- Economic Development
- Fred Boyd, Member – Report and meeting minutes provided by Wetig.
- Special Education Cooperative
- BOARD COMMUNICATIONS
- Student Recruitment & Planning – Discussion among board members.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Sale of district activity bus – Discussion among board members; bus will not be sold.
- NEW BUSINESS
- ACTION ITEMS
- April meeting date change (April 17th)
Milford moved, seconded by Heinz to move the April 2023 regular board meeting to April 17, 2023. Motion carried 5-0.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION (Personnel Matters)
Motion: Mr. President, I move we go into Executive Session to discuss personnel matters of non-elected personnel in order to protect the privacy interest of the individual(s) to be discussed, pursuant to non-elected personnel exception under Kansas Open Meetings Act.
Milford moved, seconded by Boyd to go into executive session, board, Wetig, and McDowell, for 15 minutes. Motion carried 5-0. 9:25 p.m.
Copenhaver moved, seconded by Bartezko to go into executive session, board and superintendent, with the exception for employer-employee negotiations under KOMA. Motion carried 5-0. 9:46 p.m.
Bartezko moved, seconded by Boyd to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried 5-0. 9:47 p.m.
For The Board of Education
_____________________________________, Board Clerk
_____________________________________, Board President