April 18, 2023, Board of Education Meeting Minutes
Members Present: TJ Milford, Kim Copenhaver, Fred Boyd, Cathy Heinz, Dana Bartezko, and
Also present were Jamie Wetig, Superintendent and Erica Littlewood, Board Clerk
Guests: Debbie Wise, Tim Milford, Kim McLachlan, Danny Chamberlain, Donna Norman, Jan Nuss, Kevin Milford, Travis Sutterfield, and Carrie Sutterfield
Opening Prayer – Copenhaver led in prayer.
- ROUTINE ITEMS
- Call to Order – Milford called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
- Pledge of Allegiance - Recited
- Adoption of Agenda (Action)
Milford moved, seconded by Copenhaver to adopt the agenda as presented. Motion carried 6-0.
- Hearing of Visitors – Six students presented their projects to the board members.
- CONSENT AGENDA (Action)
- Approval of Minutes 3/6/23 & 4/4/23
- Approval of Financial Reports & Payments
- Cash Balances
- Monthly Register
- Summary of Funds (if available)
- Acceptance of any Gifts & Grants (None)
- Acceptance of Resignations/New Hires (Jessica Pearson/Emily Dizmang)
- Disposal of District Property
- 23-24 School Calendar
- USD #225 Negotiations
- KASB membership fee
- KASB legal fee
Zortman moved, seconded by Boyd to accept the consent agenda as presented. Motion carried 6-0.
- Mrs. McDowell, FES Principal – No report given
- Mr. Wetig, Superintendent – Report given
- District Items
- Daycare Update – Updated provided
- 7-8 Transition Plan - Discussion
- Fowler-Meade Discussion – Discussion
- TJ Milford, President – Milford Reported
- Economic Development
Family Wellness/Resource Center Grant Application
Projects J. Boese is currently working on.
Housing grant was not rewarded to Fowler.
- Fred Boyd, Member
- Special Education Cooperative – Boyd Reported
No decisions voted on at today’s meeting.
- BOARD COMMUNICATIONS
- Discussion only – Kimberly Copenhaver resigned her position as board member effective 4/18/2023.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Rental Property – Discussion: BOE would like to rent district owned properties to non-employees.
- NEW BUSINESS
- ACTION ITEMS
- Classified Pay Rates: Copenhaver moved, seconded by Heinz to approve the classified staff pay rates as presented. Motion carried 6-0.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION (Personnel Matters)
Motion: Mr. President, I move we go into Executive Session to discuss personnel matters of non-elected personnel in order to protect the privacy interest of the individual(s) to be discussed, pursuant to non-elected personnel exception under Kansas Open Meetings Act.
Milford moved, seconded by Heinz to go into executive session, board and Wetig, for 15 minutes. Motion carried 6-0. 8:49 p.m.
Milford moved, seconded by Boyd to go back into executive session for 10 minutes. Motion carried 6-0. 9:05 p.m.
Copenhaver moved, seconded by Bartezko to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried 6-0. 9:17 p.m.
For The Board of Education
_____________________________________, Board Clerk
_____________________________________, Board President