November 14, 2022 , Board of Education Meeting Minutes
Members Present: TJ Milford, Kimberly Copenhaver, Fred Boyd, Cathy Heinz, Jeff Zortman, and Dana Bartezko.
Also present: Jamie Wetig, Superintendent; Erica Littlewood, Clerk; Corri McDowell, Principal
- ROUTINE ITEMS
- Call to Order – Milford called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Adoption of Agenda (Action)
Changes to agenda:
- Gifts and Grants – Add donation to the music department from Kimberly Rose Photography
- Add- Under section E – Add letter C. Daycare Opportunities
Bartezko moved, seconded by Copenhaver to approve the amended agenda. Motion carried 6-0.
- Hearing of Visitors
- Student Leadership Council – Members of the Student Leadership Council presented.
GUESTS: Kim McLachlan and Debbie Wise
- CONSENT AGENDA (Action)
- Approval of Minutes
- Approval of Financial Reports & Payments
- Cash Balances
- Monthly Register
- Summary of Funds (if available)
- Acceptance of any Gifts & Grants (None)
- Kimberly Rose Photography (Music Program)
- Acceptance of Resignations/New Hires (None)
- Ann Phillips, Transportation/Custodial & Maintenance
Milford moved, seconded by Copenhaver to approve the Consent Agenda as presented. Motion carried 6-0.
- Mrs. McDowell, FES Principal – Report Given
- Mr. Wetig, Superintendent – Report Given
- District Items
Small & Rural Schools Funding
Small & Rural Schools Summit
- TJ Milford, President – Report Given
- Economic Development (Property tax sales, Housing)
- Fowler Action Committee (Housing, Daycare)
- Fred Boyd, Member – Report Given
- Special Education Cooperative
- BOARD COMMUNICATIONS
- KASB Conference (Discussion) – Discussion among board members.
- Criteria for bringing Junior High back to Fowler (Discussion) – Discussion among board members.
- Daycare Opportunities – Discussion among board members.
- OLD BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
- District Housing Policy (Discussion)
- US National Motto (Discussion)
- Meal Policy Update (Discussion)
- Tuition Reimbursement (Discussion)
- Holiday Bonus (Discussion)
- ACTION ITEMS
- District Housing Policy (Action) – Zortman moved, seconded by Heinz to approve the District Housing Policy as presented. Motion carried 6-0.
- US National Motto (Action) – Milford moved, seconded by Boyd to approve the posting of the US National Motto in the district. Motion carried 6-0.
- Meal Policy (Action) – Copenhaver moved, seconded by Milford to accept the updated meal as presented. Motion carried 6-0.
- Tuition Reimbursement (Action) – Milford moved, seconded by Zortman to approve the tuition reimbursement application submitted by R. Foster. Motion carried 6-0.
- Holiday Bonus (Action) – Copenhaver moved, seconded by Milford to approve staff holiday bonuses recommended by superintendent. Motion carried 6-0.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION (Personnel Matters)
Motion: Mr. President, I move we go into Executive Session to discuss personnel matters of non-elected personnel in order to protect the privacy interest of the individual(s) to be discussed, pursuant to non-elected personnel exception under Kansas Open Meetings Act.
Bartezo moved, seconded by Copenhaver to go into executive session for 10 minutes. Motion carried 6-0. 8:28 p.m.
Heinz moved, seconded by Copenhaver to adjourn meeting. Motion carried 6-0. 8:43 p.m.
For The Board of Education
_____________________________________, Board Clerk
_____________________________________, Board President