December 12, 2022, Board of Education Meeting Minutes
Members present: T.J. Milford, Kimberly Copenhaver, Dana Bartezko, Fred Boyd, Cathy Heinz, and Jeff Zortman. Also present were Jamie Wetig, Superintendent and Corri McDowell, Principal (Designated clerk for this meeting).
Guests present: Debbie Wise, Kim McLachlan, Haley Cole, and Kane Cole.
- ROUTINE ITEMS
- Call to Order – Milford called the meeting to order at 7:01 p.m., Boyd seconded the motion. Carried 6-0.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Adoption of Agenda (Action) – Zortman moved, seconded by Dana to approve the agenda as presented. Motion carried 6-0.
- Hearing of Visitors
- Student Leadership Council – Kane Cole presented.
- CONSENT AGENDA (Action) – Heinz moved, seconded by Copenhaver to approve the consent agenda as presented. Motion carried 6-0.
- Approval of Minutes
- Approval of Financial Reports & Payments
- Cash Balances
- Monthly Register
- Summary of Funds (if available)
- Acceptance of any Gifts & Grants (None)
- Acceptance of Resignations/New Hires (None)
- Mrs. McDowell, FES Principal – Report Given
- Elementary Items
- Site Council Update
- Curriculum Update
- Inservice Update
- Mr. Wetig, Superintendent – Report Given
- District Items
- Small & Rural Schools Summit
- Budget Projections
- Republish Budget
- TJ Milford, President – Report Given
- Economic Development
- Fowler Action Committee “Foundation”
- Fred Boyd, Member – Report Given
- Special Education Cooperative
- BOARD COMMUNICATIONS
- Meade County News – Board member discussion
- OLD BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS – Board member discussion
K-12 Student Stipend (Discussion)
- HS & ES Doors (Discussion)
Community Meeting (Discussion)
- KASB Board Policy Updates (1st Reading)
- ACTION ITEMS
- HS & ES Doors (Action) – Zortman moved, seconded by Heinz to approve the Konda Glass bid as presented ($32,400.00 with $2,800 added for each ADA Operator added). Motion carried 6-0.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION (Personnel Matters)
Motion: Mr. President, I move we go into Executive Session to discuss personnel matters of non-elected personnel in order to protect the privacy interest of the individual(s) to be discussed, pursuant to non-elected personnel exception under Kansas Open Meetings Act.
Board members did not enter into executive session during this board meeting.
- ADJOURNMENT – Milford moved, seconded by Bartezko to adjourn the meeting at 8:46 p.m. Motion carried 6-0.
For The Board of Education
_____________________________________, Board Clerk (Designated for this meeting)
_____________________________________, Board President