September 12, 2022, Board of Education Meeting Minutes
Members present T.J. Milford, Kimberly Copenhaver, Cathy Heinz, Dana Bartezko, Fred Boyd, and Jeff Zortman. Also present, Jamie Wetig, Superintendent, Erica Littlewood, Clerk, and Corri McDowell, Principal.
- ROUTINE ITEMS
- Call to Order: Milford called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Milford led in prayer.
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Adoption of Agenda: Copenhaver moved, seconded by Boyd to approve agenda with the following change: Item G Executive Session changed to Student Matters. Motion carried 6-0.
- Hearing of Visitors: No visitors on the agenda.
Present: Kimberly McLachlan & Debbie Wise.
Addendum to Agenda: Copenhaver moved, seconded by Heinz to revise the agenda to add Executive Session Personnel as item H. to the agenda. Motion carried 6-0.
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of Minutes
- Approval of Financial Reports & Payments
- Cash Balances
- Monthly Register
- Summary of Funds (if available)
- Acceptance of any Gifts & Grants
- Acceptance of Resignations/New Hires
Heinz moved, seconded by Copenhaver to accept the consent agenda as presented. Motion carried 6-0.
- Mrs. McDowell, FES Principal – Report Given
- Elementary Update
- Enrollment Update
- Parent communication
- Positive parent contact goals
- Site Council
- Academic Updates
- Mr. Wetig, Superintendent – Report Given
- District Items
- Revenue Neutral Rate
- 22-23 Budget
- Day Care Facility Update
- Wellness Partnership (Weight Room)
- HS Post-Secondary Funds
- Learning Center & Virtual Academy
- TJ Milford, President – Report Given
- Economic Development
- Daycare & Housing discussions
- Fred Boyd, Member – No Report Given
- Special Education Cooperative
- NEW BUSINESS
- ACTION ITEMS
- Approve the USD 225 22-23 Revenue Neutral Rate as presented (roll call vote).
Milford moved, seconded by Copenhaver to approve the 2022-2023 Revenue Neutral Rate as presented. Motion carried 6-0
Role call vote: T.J. Milford, Yes; Kimberly Copenhaver, Yes; Fred Boyd, Yes; Cathy Heinz, Yes; Jeff Zortman, Yes; Dana Bartezko, Yes.
- Approve the USD 225 22-23 Budget as presented.
Heinz moved, seconded by Zortman to approve the USD 225 2-23 Budget as presented. Motion carried 6-0.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION (Student Matters)
- Motion: Mr. President, I move we go into Executive Session to discuss the exception relating to actions adversely or favorably affecting a student under KOMA under Kansas Open Meetings Act.
Boyd moved, seconded by Heinz to go into executive session, board, Wetig and McDowell, for 10 minutes. Motion carried 6-0. 8:44 p.m.
Milford moved, seconded by Heinz to go back into executive session for 5 minutes. Motion carried 6-0. 8:54 p.m.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION (Personnel)
Motion: Mr. President, I move we go into Executive Session to discuss personnel matters of non-elected personnel in order to protect the privacy interest of the individual(s) to be discussed, pursuant to non-elected personnel exception under Kansas Open Meetings Act.
Copenhaver moved, seconded by Heinz to go into executive, board and Wetig, for 5 minutes. Motion carried 6-0. 7:00 p.m.
Milford moved, seconded by Copenhaver to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried 6-0. 9:01 p.m.
For The Board of Education
_____________________________________, Board Clerk
_____________________________________, Board President