July 18, 2022, Board of Education Special Meeting Minutes
USD #225 Board of Education Special Meeting
July 18, 2022, 6:00 P.M.
- ROUTINE ITEMS
Call to order: T.J. Milford, Board President, called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m. Pledge of Allegiance was recited and Milford led a prayer.
Members present: TJ Milford, Cathy Heinz, Fred Boyd, Dana Bartezko, Jeff Zortman, & Kim Copenhaver were present. Others present were Jamie Wetig, Superintendent, and Corri McDowell, Principal.
Recognition of Visitors/Communication: None
Designation of Board Clerk – Milford moved, seconded by Zortman to designate Corri McDowell as the board clerk for this meeting. Motion carried. 6-0
- Hearing of Visitors – None
District goal setting discussion of the following questions:
- What is the most important to you regarding our school?
- What does our community value most?
- What is your ideal vision of where USD 225 schools should be in 3 years?
- How do we move forward (get to that goal)?
- What are some challenges to reaching this goal?
Break – 7:54 p.m. to 7:59 p.m.
- Best elementary and academic focus
- Looking at benchmarks to bring junior high back
Milford moved, seconded by Bartezko to adjourn the meeting at 9:20 p.m. Motion carried 6-0.
For The Board of Education
_____________________________________, Designated Board Clerk
_____________________________________, Board President